Gonder Climate & Temperature
- Gonder, Ethiopia is at 12°31'N, 37°25'E, 1966 m (6450 ft). See map.
- Gonder has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Gonder is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 19.1 degrees Celsius (66.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4 °C (7.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 27.3°C (81.2°F) on average falling to 10.7°C (51.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 28.3°C (83°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14°C (57.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23°C (73.4°F) and average low temperatures are 13°C (55.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 25°C (77°F) during the day and lows of 11.7°C (53°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1161 mm (45.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1161 Litres/m² (28.48 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Gonder you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Takaroa, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Gonder Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Gonder Climate Graph in Metric Units
Gonder Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Gonder, Ethiopia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Aroma, Sudan - 392.2 kms (243.7 miles) NNW
- Kassala, Sudan - 344.7 kms (214.2 miles) NNW
- Halfa El Gedida, Sudan - 367.3 kms (228.3 miles) NNW
- Wad Medani, Sudan - 474.9 kms (295.1 miles) WNW
- El Showak, Sudan - 272.5 kms (169.4 miles) NW
- Gedaref/ Azaza, Sudan - 276.1 kms (171.6 miles) NW
- Sennar, Sudan - 428.6 kms (266.3 miles) WNW
- Kosti, Sudan - 521.5 kms (324.1 miles) W
- Umm Benin, Sudan - 382.3 kms (237.6 miles) W
- Abu Na'Ama, Sudan - 358.7 kms (222.9 miles) W
- Damazin, Sudan - 341.9 kms (212.4 miles) WSW
- Renk, Sudan - 512.9 kms (318.7 miles) W