Gonder Climate & Temperature
- Gonder, Ethiopia is at 12°31'N, 37°25'E, 1966 m (6450 ft). See map.
- Gonder has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Gonder is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 19.1 degrees Celsius (66.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4 °C (7.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 27.3°C (81.2°F) on average falling to 10.7°C (51.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 28.3°C (83°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14°C (57.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23°C (73.4°F) and average low temperatures are 13°C (55.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 25°C (77°F) during the day and lows of 11.7°C (53°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1161 mm (45.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1161 Litres/m² (28.48 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Gonder you would come out nearest to the climate station at Takaroa, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Gonder Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Gonder Climate Graph in Metric Units
Gonder Climograph in English Units
Climate of Gonder, Ethiopia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Aroma, Sudan - 392.2 kms (243.7 miles) NNW
- Kassala, Sudan - 344.7 kms (214.2 miles) NNW
- Halfa El Gedida, Sudan - 367.3 kms (228.3 miles) NNW
- Wad Medani, Sudan - 474.9 kms (295.1 miles) WNW
- El Showak, Sudan - 272.5 kms (169.4 miles) NW
- Gedaref/ Azaza, Sudan - 276.1 kms (171.6 miles) NW
- Sennar, Sudan - 428.6 kms (266.3 miles) WNW
- Kosti, Sudan - 521.5 kms (324.1 miles) W
- Umm Benin, Sudan - 382.3 kms (237.6 miles) W
- Abu Na'Ama, Sudan - 358.7 kms (222.9 miles) W
- Damazin, Sudan - 341.9 kms (212.4 miles) WSW
- Renk, Sudan - 512.9 kms (318.7 miles) W